This guide of what to see in Istanbul in 4 days It will help you prepare a trip to one of the most impressive cities in the world, optimizing the time available.
During the first 3 days you will have known the most important mosques, churches, markets and viewpoints in addition to trying the delicious Turkish cuisine in the most recommended restaurants in the city. On this third day we suggest you visit one of the jewels of the country that are closer or have a good connection by plane or bus with Istanbul.
Based on the experience of the time we spent in the city, in which we wrote this guide to travel tips to Turkey, we have made this guide to know the best of Istanbul in four days. We start!
Tips for Istanbul
This list of tips will help you have a good first contact with the city:
- To stay we advise you to book in advance the Adamar Hotel or The Million Stone Hotel, two hotels with a great quality / price ratio that are also located in the best area of Istanbul.
- To make the transfer from the two airports of Istanbul to the hotel you have these means of transport: metro (operational at the beginning of 2020), bus, taxi or book this comfortable private transfer to the hotel. For more information you can consult this post on how to go from the Istanbul airport to the center.
- Buy the Istanbulkart card to pay on public transport and avoid taxis as much as possible.
- To learn more about the history of the city and not miss anything important it is advisable to book a free tour or if you are a group, this private tour, both with a guide in Spanish.
- Do not change money at exchange offices or bring changed money from your bank. To have the current change and do not charge you commission you can use this N26 card to pay and the BNEXT card to get money from ATMs. You can find much more information in the post The best cards to travel without commissions.
You can look for more recommendations in this post of tips to travel to Istanbul essential.
First day in Istanbul
The first day of Istanbul in 4 days It starts at 9 in the morning with a tour of the huge Topkapi Palace, one of the most essential places to see in Istanbul and then visit the Basilica Cistern and reach the Constantinople Hippodrome square, which has an Egyptian obelisk 3000 years old.
After these visits and before trying the Turkish food of the Istanbul Anatolian Cuisine restaurants or the Three Partners, we recommend you visit the Church of San Sergio and San Baco, one of the most beautiful in Istanbul.
The last recommendation for the last day of Istanbul in 4 days It is the excursion to Cappadocia, one of the most spectacular places in the world.
In this lunar landscape of impossible rock formations, castles and monasteries carved into rock and underground cities, you will be speechless when you fly over it with this balloon ride at dawn.
In addition to seeing it from the heights, you can make hiking or car trails through its most iconic sites such as the Göreme viewpoint, the Devrent Valley, the Uchisar castle and the underground cities of Kaymakli and Derinkuyu.
The best option to go from Istanbul to Cappadocia is to take a flight that takes a little more than an hour and if you have more days you can take a night bus that takes 12 hours or rent a car.
Another more comfortable alternative is to book one of these excursions from Istanbul with a guide in Spanish: