This list of best things to do in London It will help you to make the most of this impressive city, which we are sure will surprise you, and not to miss anything important.
Relax in its parks, tour the markets, climb to the viewpoints at sunset, go shopping, try all kinds of dishes and gastronomy in the world, visit the most important museums or stroll through its charming neighborhoods are just some of the experiences that make indeed the phrase that when one is tired of London, one is tired of life; because in London there is everything that life can offer.
Based on the times we have visited this city, the last one staying in Notting Hill for a month, during which we wrote this travel guide to London, we have made a selection of the 10 best things to do in London for free (almost all). We start!
1. Find a bargain in street markets
The markets of London, all of them different and authentic, are one of the main reasons to make a trip to London.
In these street markets you will find everything from food stalls from different parts of the world to antiques, through second-hand clothes, flowers, souvenirs, top quality products and all kinds of handmade items.
Among our favorite markets are:
- Brick lane: It stands out for the large number and variety of covered and street markets with all kinds of food items and stalls. Open on Sundays from 10am to 5pm.
- Portobello: It is one of the largest in the world in antiques and is located in the beautiful neighborhood of Notting Hill. The best day to visit it is Saturday, when all the stalls are open.
- Candem: It is the most picturesque market with more than 1000 stalls and alternative stores, being some of the best located in the Camden Stables Market area. Although it is open every day, it is recommended not to go on a weekend because of the large number of people.
- Borough and Maltby Street: the two best food markets in London to try local and international dishes. Maltby only opens on Sundays and Borough is recommended not to go Monday or Tuesday, since these days do not open all positions.
- Leadenhall: a beautiful covered market that served as inspiration to recreate the Diagon Alley of the Harry Potter saga. Opens every day.
2. Climb to some viewpoint at sunset
One of the essential things to do in London It is to climb one of the best viewpoints in London an hour before sunset from where you can see the entire skyline of the city, full of old buildings and green areas, while the sun sets and the city lights.
Although there are several options in the city, our favorite viewpoint is The Shard, the tallest and with the best 360-degree views of the entire city. You can book your ticket here in advance so you don't run out of space.
But if you are looking for a free viewpoint, we recommend you go up to the terrace of the Tate Modern Museum or the Sky Garden, although do not forget that in the latter you have to make a reservation on this page before, since entry without reservation is not allowed.
Two other spectacular viewpoints are the two terraces of the dome of St. Paul's Cathedral and the London Eye. In this famous ferris wheel of 135 meters high it is advisable to book this ticket in advance if you do not want to waste much time in the queue.
Harry Potter Studios
Map of experiences in London
If you feel like helping us complete the list of the best things to do in London, add yours in the comments.