There are many things what to do in Bali, the Island of the Gods and one of the paradisiacal places where we would not mind spending a long season. Stroll through endless rice paddies, visit some of its more than 10,000 temples, bathe under a waterfall after doing a trekking route, taste its delicious cuisine (without forgetting the juices), have a massage, tour the island by motorcycle or surf or diving are just some of your imprescinidbles. If it is your first visit to the island, we propose a list of 50 things to see and do in Bali, based on the 6 days we spent touring the island on the trip to Indonesia in 26 days for free and the 30 days we spent on a trip to Bali for free. We start!
1. See the beautiful Ulun Danu Batur Temple next to Lake Batran, at the foot of Batur Volcano and one of the essential Bali temples.
2. Trekking through the rice fields of Jatiluwih that honor its Balinese name: «Really wonderful«, One of the best rice paddies in Bali.
3. Eat a delicious nasi goreng at Three Monkeys, one of the best places to eat in Ubud.
4. Purify yourself in Pura Tirta Empul, a Hindu temple known for its miraculous water where the Balinese purify themselves and celebrate ceremonies.
5. Enter fearlessly into the mouth of a huge elephant carved into the rock. After doing so you will be inside the Goa Gajah Temple, the Elephant Cave.
6. Do not feed and watch that they do not rob us (the monkeys), especially the glasses, while we visit the «Sacred Forest of the Monkeys», one of the best things to do in Ubud.
7. Watch a sunset at the Tanah Lot Temple, located on an islet near the beach and one of the places to see in Bali.
More things to see and do in Bali
11. See at the Ubud Palace or in Uluwatu the Barong Dance show, the traditional Balinese dance with musical instruments typical of Indonesia. A good option to learn about the history and curiosities of this city is to book a guided tour in Spanish.
12. Have more than an hour of pleasure when giving yourself a typical Balinese massage at the Ubud Traditional Spa.
13. See a multitude of bats from the Pura Goa Lawah temple, one of the places to visit in Indonesia.
14. Spend a few days in the paradisiacal Gili Islands, one of the best places to dive and relax, especially in Gili Air and Gili Meno, less touristy.
Tegalalang rice terraces in Bali
45. If you do not want to pay commissions when you take money from ATMs in Indonesia and always have the current exchange, we recommend using the N26 card to pay and the BNEXT card to get money, our two favorite cards for travel.
You can find much more information in the post of the best cards to travel without commissions.
46. Climb the active volcano of Mount Agung, with its 3100 meters which is the highest point in Bali.
47. See the thousands of lotus flowers in Candi Dasa near the water temple of Tirta Gangga.
48. Find a bargain at the Ubud Market, one of the best tips for traveling to Bali.
49. Eat a delicious fried duck in the Dirty Duck or have a good coffee at Seniman Coffee Studio, one of the best coffee shops in Ubud.
50. Smile and talk to the Balinese, lovely people with great kindness and willing to offer their help at any time and situation.
If you feel like helping us complete the list of 50 things to see and do in Bali, add yours in the comments.