Florence is a city that can be considered a Outdoor museum in which art is breathed through all its streets, squares, museums and galleries. Although it is almost always full of tourists, there is something that plays in its favor: we can visit everything easily since the historic center is not very large. We know there are a lot of things what to see and what to do in Florence, one of the most beautiful cities in the world, but we have made a list of the 50 that seem most essential, making a selection of the ones we liked the two times we have been, the first time combining it with Pisa and the second with Cinque Terre.
1. Impress yourself with «The Door of Paradise», one of the doors of the Battistero di San Giovanni in which the reliefs represent scenes of the Old Testament made in bronze.
2. Catch a panini in Sandwich and devour it with a glass of wine or a beer in one of the city squares. Their hot focaccia bread is delicious.
3. Climb the dome of Santa María del Fiore, the cathedral of Florence, and enjoy the views of the historic center of Florence.
A good option to learn about the history of the cathedral is to book this guided tour in Spanish.
4. Look for a bargain or a gift in the Mercado de San Lorenzo with all kinds of products, from food, bags, souvenirs ...
5. Visit the Palazzo Vecchio, with its spectacular Cinquecentos Hall. You can reserve the skip-the-line ticket to the palace here.
6. Go up at sunset to Piazzale Michelangelo, the viewpoint with the best views of Florence.
More things to see and do in Florence
11. Visit the Uffizi Gallery, one of the most famous painting collections in the world with important works by Leonardo da Vinci, A good alternative to avoid the big queues and not miss anything is to book a guided tour in Spanish or take this entrance ticket fast
12. Relax in the Boboli Gardens, one of the few green areas in Florence. An interesting way to know the history and not miss anything of these gardens is to book this visit with a guide in Spanish that includes the entrance.
13. Visit the tombs of Michelangelo, Galileo Galiei or Machiavelli in the church of Santa Croce. An interesting option to know the history of this beautiful church is to book this visit with a guide in Spanish that includes the entrance.
14. Eat a cheese and sausage board at La Prosciuteria, for less than 10 euros with drink. You will fall in love with this place and feel that it is one of the best things to do in Florence.
15. Cross the Ponte Vecchio, the symbol of Florence and the oldest stone bridge in Europe.
Santa Maria del Fiore
45. Eat some delicious pappardelle al sugo di lepre in La Vinaina.
46. Visit the Pitti Palace, one of the most famous Renaissance palaces in Florence.
47. Tour and eat typical Italian products in the Central Market.
48. Enter the beautiful Orsanmichele Church with a spectacular facade full of statues of saints and an interior full of details.
49. Visit the Galileo Museum, especially for science lovers as it is full of scientific instruments and inventions.
50. Rub the snout of Porcellino in the Mercato Nuovo, the best way to make sure to return to Florence.
* Book your transfer Airport ⇆ Downtown Florence here
If you feel like helping us complete the list of 50 things to see and do in Florence, add yours in the comments.