Marrakech, the walled city full of palaces, gardens and mosques, also called the red city and in which it is almost an obligation to get lost in the medina and haggle in the souk, in addition to staying in a riad and having tea in one of its terraces. Marrakech is a city full of tourists and sometimes they can overwhelm us, but if we are able to be positive and take it as an anecdote, we can enjoy a great city and a rewarding trip. There are countless things to see and do in Marrakech, we have wanted to make a selection of the 50 that we find most essential, making a list of the ones we liked the most in the two times we have been, the first time combining it with the beautiful Essaouira and the second as a starting point to make the route of the Kasbahs.
1. Go up at sunset to the terrace of Café Glacier and see how the Jamaa el Fna Square changes, savoring a mint tea while it gets dark.
2. Ask and ask until you find one of the oldest riads, Dar Cherifa, to enjoy an unforgettable dinner.
3. Enter a traditional hamman like Hammam Dar el-Bacha or Hammam Bab Doukkala, among many others. You can book a massage session that will leave you as new.
4. Find Rahba Kedima Square in the souk, also called spice square, full of herbalist stalls, fabrics, baskets and spices.
5. Visit the Medersa Ben Youssef, its inner courtyard with its wooden buildings and colored tiles are spectacular.
11. Approach the Koutoubia Mosque, the most important in Marrakech, where its minaret stands out.
12. Visit the Saadian Tombs, a beautiful mausoleum and one of the essential places to visit in Marrakech.
13. Snack some delicious Arabic sweets at Patisserie Amandine, one of the best things to do in Marrakech.
14. Now that Instagram is so fashionable, look for a colorful store and take a picture perfect for your wall, besides buying some souvenir.
15. Buy a few dates at a food stand, they are great.
16. Tour the Jamaa el Fna Square day and night, of the best things to see and do in Marrakech.
46. Visiting the Museum of Moroccan Arts, Dar Sid Said, just by looking inside and the building is already worth the entrance.
47. Book a day to make the excursion to Ouarzazate crossing the Atlas and visiting the Kasbah Ait Ben Haddou.
48. Stroll through the Menara Gardens especially in winter that you can have a fantastic view of the Atlas.
49. Eat or dine at Chez Yassine, from pizzas, grilled chicken and traditional food, at a good price and great.
50. Ignore if someone tells you that a tourist attraction or place of interest is closed until you personally verify it. Do not take taxis without a meter, or free guides that take you to stores. Without bad experiences, surely when you return you will be counting the days to return to Marrakech.
* Book your transfer Airport ⇆ Marrakech Center here
If you feel like helping us complete the list of 50 things to see and do in Marrakech, add yours in the comments.