Berlin is a city with character, marked by its past and right now a multicultural city that falls in love and in which it is difficult to get bored. There are many things what to see and what to do in Berlin, we have made a list of the 50 that we consider essential, making a selection of the ones we liked most about our trip to Berlin in 4 days.
1. See the shocking sculpture of the Pieta de Kollwitz in the New Guard building
2. Find the Dead Chicken Alley alley, an alternative area full of graffiti, exhibitions and workshops.
3. Book in advance the entrance to the German Parliament to climb the famous glass dome of Norman Foster.
4. Cross the imaginary frontier of Checkpoint Charlie, the best known of the border crossings of the Berlin Wall.
5. Stroll through the Kreuzberg district, known as "Little Istanbul", for its large Turkish community and nowadays become a fashionable neighborhood.
6. Cross the Brandenburg Gate day and night, the symbol of Berlin.
More things to see and do in Berlin
11. Find the monument in memory of the 1933 book burning at the Bebelplatz. A clue: you have to look at the ground ...
12. Save half a day for an excursion to Potsdam, one of the most beautiful cities in Germany. One of the best excursions from Berlin.
13. Stroll through the Museum Island, surrounded by the Spree River and where we can visit 5 museums including the fabulous Pergamon Museum and the New Museum. Tickets included in the Berlin Pass. Another good card to save money is the Berlin WelcomeCard which includes free transportation.
14. Go up to the Berlin Television Tower on the Alexanderplatz and enjoy the views while eating at the Sphere Restaurant revolving restaurant. You can book luxury dinner here or on this page if you just want to reserve the entrance to the tower.
15. Tour the Berlin Wall, one of the best things to see and do in Berlin.
46. Sit back and see the atmosphere at the Pariser Platz overlooking the famous Hotel Adlon and the Brandenburg Gate.
47. Go up to the Kollhoff Tower, in Potsdamer Platz, with one of the best views of the center of Berlin.
48. Take a bike tour of Berlin, one of the best cities to visit it this way, since it is practically flat.
49. Go to the beach of Berlin in Yaam, a small Caribbean oasis and one of the things to do in Berlin.
50. Dance until sunrise at Berghain nightclub (if you like electronic music).
* Book your Airport transfer ⇆ Berlin Center here
If you feel like helping us complete the list of 50 things to see and do in Berlin, add yours in the comments.