We cannot deny that many things what to see and do in Amsterdam. Also called the Venice of the north wave city of bicycles, Amsterdam is one of the most beautiful cities in Europe. We have made a list of 50 things to see by making a selection of the ones we liked most on our trip to Amsterdam in 5 days, where we also visited the beautiful villages of Zaanse Schans, Marken, Volendam and Edam.
1. Stroll along the shore of the Herengracht canal, the one with the most charm in Amsterdam, with some of the most beautiful houses in the city.
2. Go up to the Westerkerk church tower and enjoy good panoramic views of the city.
3. Enter a coffee shop. Keep in mind that smoking hashish and marijuana in these places is legal, but you cannot smoke tobacco or drink alcohol. Although you do not need to do any of this, you can also eat or drink a simple coffee with a good atmosphere. The Hunter's Café is one of the best.
4. See a street artist in Leidseplein Square.
5. Tour Amsterdam by bicycle, the most used means of transport.
More things to see and do in Amsterdam
11. Visit the Houseboat Museum, where you can see a houseboat inside and get an idea of how they live in many of the boats that we can see through the canals of Amsterdam.
12. Enter a clog workshop to see how in 5 minutes they make you one (and buy some souvenirs).
13. Visit the Sloten Mill. Although it is a bit far from the center, it is worth it.
14. Take a boat trip on the canals, one of the best ways to explore Amsterdam and see the city from another perspective.
Amsterdam Red Light District
45. Watch a ship pass while the Magere Brug or Puente Delgado is raised, the most famous of the bridges in Amsterdam.
46. Find the oldest house in Amsterdam (located in Begijnhof).
47. Eat some fries accompanied with some Vlaams Friteshuis Vleminckx sauce.
48. See La Munttoren or Torre de la Ceca in Muntplein square.
49. Take a walk around the Waterlooplein Market, Flea Market With a lot of history located in the old Jewish quarter.
50. See the incredible graffiti on Spuistraat Street.
* Book your transfer Airport ⇆ Amsterdam Center here
If you feel like helping us complete the list of 50 things to see and do in Amsterdam, add yours in the comments.